Diesel Smog Check : Huntington Beach
The new diesel smog test will apply to all 1998 and newer diesel powered vehicles under 14,000 GVWR. Diesel testing is implemented as a biennial program similar to the regular smog check program.
At Just Smogs we have been smog checking Huntington Beach and surrounding areas for 10 years. We will continue to keep the most up-to-date equipment and procedures to insure fast, efficient, and reliable testing.
Diesel Inspection Procedure:
- Visual Test
- OBD II Test
- Visible Smoke Test
- Crankcase Depression Regulator CDR) or Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Nox Absorber
- Fuel Injection
- Temperature and Pressure Sensors
- Wiring of Sensors/Switches/Computers
- Vacuum Line Connections to Sensor/Switches
- Other Diesel Emission-Related Components: Turbo/Supercharger, Exhaust/Intake, etc.
OBD II Check:
- “Check Engine Light” (MIL) is Operational
- MIL on/off
- OBD Readiness Status Codes
Visible Smoke Test:
- Idle Test
- Idle Crankcase (CDR/PCV) Test
- Snap Test
As of 2019, Your diesel vehicle can pass with some incomplete monitors….
On model years 1998 to 2006 ALL OBD II Monitors Must Be Complete. Model year 2007 and newer diesels can pass with as many as two (2) Incomplete monitors.
Centrally located in Huntington Beach we service much of Orange County. Primarily: Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Fountain Valley, Irvine & Seal Beach.
Take advantage of our smog check coupon. No need to print. Simply mention the smog coupon or show us it on your mobile phone. When you are ready to make an appointment (optional) for a smog check, please call us at (714) 596-1019. JUST SMOGS® will take care of all your smog check needs. Five Star smog service guaranteed!