The Bureau of Automotive Repair has issued an update to the Smog Check OBD Reference Guide. The update includes new service bulletins, emissions recalls and information on the following vehicles:
- BMW 323i: ECM reflash recall is needed to set oxygen sensor monitor.
- 2000-2001 Nissan Maxima and Infinity I30: New catalyst may be needed to run catalyst monitor.
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado and Tahoe C/K 1500: Send to BAR Referee only if secondary air monitor is not running.
- 2002 Chevrolet Silverado C/K 2500 HD Diesel: Send to BAR Referee only if EGR monitor is not running.
- 2009 Kia Borrego LX/EX: Send to BAR Referee only if EGR monitor is not running.
- 1999-2006 Nissan UD1200 Box Truck (10-14K GVWR, Federal Diesel): Not equipped with OBD, BAR-OIS skips OBD test.
- 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.4 liter turbo: Catalyst monitor not running. BAR-OIS allows any one monitor.
- 2001-2002 Chevrolet Cavalier CNG: Catalyst monitor not running. BAR-OIS allows any one monitor to be incomplete.
Click here to view the complete Smog Check OBD Reference Guide.